As you know, I have over two years without consuming fruit at all, I have been a sugar enemy for years. Well, things have change and I'm including fruit back into my diet; and here is why.
- Eating fruit provides health benefits, people who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Fruits provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories. And none have cholesterol.
- As part of an overall healthy diet, eating foods such as fruits that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Adding fruit can help increase intake of fiber and potassium which are important nutrients that many Americans do not get enough of in their diet.
Is only when you have tried different kind of diets that you learn the benefits of them and what they are missing. Fruit needs to be back into mine.